Canara Bank PO Recruitment is considered as one of the largest public sector bank owned by Government of India. People are very fascinated by the government jobs and the Canara Bank PO Exam is the golden opportunity for them. There are total 450 vacancies are declared by the Canara Bank PO 2018 Recruitment.
Canara Bank PO Exam conducts multi-level exams for the selection of candidates. Canara Bank PO exam brings a pride and prestigious opportunity for all banking job aspirants. If you are one of the people who want to avail these opportunities go through all the details of Canara Bank PO Recruitment Notification. If you are one of the banking job aspirants keep reading this column.
- 1 Details for Canara Bank PO Recruitment 2018
- 1.1 Canara Bank PO 2018 Apply Online
- 1.2 Canara Bank PO Application fee details
- 1.3 Important dates for Canara Bank PO 2018 process
- 1.4 Canara Bank PO Eligibility Criteria
- 1.5 Canara Bank PO Salary offered
- 1.6 Canara Bank PO Exam Pattern 2018
- 1.7 Canara Bank PO 2018 Syllabus
- 1.8 Official Canara Bank PO Recruitment Notification
- 1.9 Some information about Canara Bank PO 2018 Group discussion and Personal Interview
- 1.10 Canara Bank PO 2018 Admit card
- 1.11 Canara Bank PO 2018 results
- 1.12 Canara Bank PO cut-off for selection (Expected)
- 1.12.1 Information related to training of Canara Bank PO Exam 2018
- 1.12.2 M/S NITTI EDUCATION INTERNATIONAL PRIVATE LIMITED
- 1.12.3 M/S MANIPAL GLOBAL EDUCATION SERVICE PRIVATE LIMITED
- 1.12.4 Agreement for PGDBF and tenure of working:
- 1.12.5 Documents along with Admit card should be taken at the examination hall for Canara Bank PO Recruitment:
- 1.12.6 Important instruction to be followed while appearing for Canara Bank PO Recruitment 2018:
- 1.13 Some tips for Canara bank PO Preparation
Details for Canara Bank PO Recruitment 2018
|Name of Organisation||Canara Bank|
|Job Location||All over India|
|Job role||Probationary Officer|
|Number of Vacancies||450|
Total 189 centers all over India will conduct Canara Bank PO examination as listed on the official website.
Canara Bank PO 2018 Apply Online
Candidate can only apply through online mode. The following steps stated below will help you with Canara Bank PO Recruitment 2018 registration
- Go to the official website of Canara Bank.
- Open the link to the recruitment process.
- You should keep ready the scan documents like your photograph, signature for uploading in the form.
- Make sure you have updated all the original details and used the correct contact number & E-mail address.
- Submit the application form.
- Make payment using Debit Card/Credit Card/Online Banking/wallets or any other online payment method. (NOTE- Application fee could be paid through online mode only)
- Save and take out the print of application form for future reference.
- Keep the user ID and password for future use.
Canara Bank PO Application fee details
|Category||Application fee inclusive of all taxes|
|General and all others||Rs 708/-|
Important dates for Canara Bank PO 2018 process
|Opening of online application form link||9th January 2018|
|Last date of online application form link||31st January 2018|
|Date for downloading Canara Bank PO admit card||20th February onwards|
|Online Examination Date||4th March 2018|
Canara Bank PO Eligibility Criteria
- Age: minimum age 20 years and maximum age 30 years (relaxation will be offered to the candidate belongs to reservation category ST/SC- 5 years, PWD-10 years, OBC (non-creamy layer) – 3 years, Ex-servicemen- 5 years).
- Educational qualification: A degree qualification with minimum 60% from government recognized university/institution and the relaxation of 5% will be offered to SC/ST/PWBD.
- Candidate must have relevant knowledge of the computer system and its application.
Vacancy list as per category
Canara Bank PO Salary offered
Pay scale of Rs. 23700 – 980/7 – 30560 – 1145/2 – 32850 – 1310/7 – 42020 will be offered to Junior management grade scale-I (JMGS-I). And many other allowances like traveling, CCA, medical will be given to the officials as per their posting and other factors. However, more increment will be there as per the performance of the official.
Canara Bank PO Exam Pattern 2018
|Topics||Total number of questions||Total marks allotted||Time duration|
The process of Group discussion and Personal interview will carry 50 marks.
Canara Bank PO 2018 Syllabus
- Rearrangement of sentences
- Fill in the blanks
- Idioms & phrases
- Synonyms & Antonyms
- Error corrections
- Unseen Passages
- Cloze test
- Para jumbles
- One word substitutions
- Phrase replacement
For Reasoning Ability
- Blood relations
- Decision making
- Mirror images
- Cubes & dice
- Decision Making
- Number ranking
- Alphabet series
- Machine input output
- Decision making
- Verbal reasoning
- Linear seating arrangements
- Double line-up
- Order & ranking
- Circular seating arrangements
- Scheduling etc.
For General Awareness
- Current events
- Important dates
- Sports information
- General politics
- Scientific research
- Countries & Capitals
- Indian constitution
- Financial awareness
- Banking awareness
- Static general knowledge
- Economics etc.
For Quantitative ability
- Simple interest & compound interest
- Profit & loss
- Number systems
- Time, work & distance
- HCF & LCM
- Data interpretations
- Ration & proportions
- Number series
- Speed distance & time
- Mixture allegation
- Data sufficiency etc.
Canara Bank PO Selection procedure
- Group Discussion
- Personal Interview
Official Canara Bank PO Recruitment Notification
- Canara Bank PO exam will be conducted by IBPS, Mumbai
- There will be a deduction of one-fourth marks against each wrong answer.
- There will be some rules and regulation under which candidate have to score minimum marks for qualifying in the further recruitment process.
Some information about Canara Bank PO 2018 Group discussion and Personal Interview
- Once the candidates get qualified for the online test, candidates have to further appear for Group discussion.
- For each vacancy, three candidates will be called for the process of group discussion followed by personal interview.
- The candidates who will finally get selected in all the processes will be appointed as an official of Canara Bank.
Canara Bank PO 2018 Admit card
The Canara Bank PO recruitment admit card will be available on the official website of Canara bank by 20th February 2018 onwards.
Following details will be enlisted in the admit card:
- Candidate’s name
- Candidate’s category
- Candidate’s age
- Candidate’s date of birth
- Candidate’s Photograph
- Candidate’s Signature
- Exam time & venue
- Reporting time
Canara Bank PO 2018 results
After the commencement of the examination, Canara Bank is expected to release its results within one month of the examination date.
Canara Bank PO cut-off for selection (Expected)
|Category||Minimum qualifying marks|
After the candidate got selected in the recruitment process, they have to go through the training period of one year which comprises 9 months of training in instituted and 3 months internship in Canara Bank’s offices or branches.
The training program is fully residential, the candidate has to necessarily stay in the college.
The following institute below provides one-year training course for Post graduate diploma in banking & Finance (PGDBF) –
M/S NITTI EDUCATION INTERNATIONAL PRIVATE LIMITED
Course Fee: Rs 3, 00, 000 to Rs 54, 000
Total Course fee: Rs 3, 54, 000
M/S MANIPAL GLOBAL EDUCATION SERVICE PRIVATE LIMITED
Course Fee: Rs 3, 50, 000 to Rs 63, 000
Total Course Fee: Rs 4, 13, 000
Note: candidate could pay the entire fee in a lump sum or can pay in two installments i.e. 50% before the beginning of the course and 50% before the end of three months from the commencement of the course.
Agreement for PGDBF and tenure of working:
- Working period as PO: 2 years
- Under the condition of successful completion of PGDBF course, the candidate has to sign an agreement at the time of joining to serve Canara Bank for a minimum five years from the date of joining as PO.
- If the candidate leaves the job during their working tenure then they have to compensate with one lakh rupees and tax applicable.
Documents along with Admit card should be taken at the examination hall for Canara Bank PO Recruitment:
- Identity verification documents like PAN CARD, AADHAR CARD, DRIVING LICENSE, AADHAR CARD, BANK PASSBOOK, PASSPORT (the document should contain photo and signature of the candidate).
- Address verification documents like AADHAR CARD, DRIVING LICENSE, PASSPORT, and BANK PASSBOOK (the documents should contain the address of the candidate).
Important instruction to be followed while appearing for Canara Bank PO Recruitment 2018:
- Candidate should read all the instruction stated in the admit card.
- No electronic gadgets will be allowed in the examination hall.
- Candidate should report to the examination center 15mins prior to the time of scheduled time of examinations.
- Candidate should follow all the rules.
Some tips for Canara bank PO Preparation
- The recruitment all depends on the sectional weight one need to qualify with at least minimum marks in each section. So, don’t think of neglecting any of the section. So the candidate should be aware of all the sections in the recruitment process.
- Keep the pattern of the paper in mind while preparing and also go through all the topics enlisted in the syllabus.
- Keep updated with the cut-off marks so that it would be easier for the candidate to qualify for it.
- At the times of examination try to solve the question in the most tricky way and in the minimum time, because here time plays a crucial role.
- After preparing for the examination try to solve the previous year question papers because sometimes the questions repeat and one could easily solve them.
- Try solving mock test which is easily available on the internet and even in the bookstores, they will help in brushing up the topics.
- Keep tracking the latest notifications from the official website.
- Try to complete the paper within the time limit and answer the doubtful questions keeping in mind about negative marking scheme.