Civil Services Examination 2018 is the most awaited exam for the youth. UPSC commonly called as Union Public Service Commission is making sure to organize and hold up civil services exams for all the eligible students. This can bring out a lot of opportunities for the ones who are actually looking for it. The civil services exams details can be found below. It takes more than a year for the students to study for the examination and to prepare for it as well. It is not a piece of cake to crack the UPSC civil services exams. The aspiring students who are looking forward to appearing in the Civil Services Examination this year should probably be in their top gears and should get within for the preparation purpose.
The examination will hold two processes and they are the preliminary examination followed by the Mains examination. Nearly, aspirants look forward to applying for this prestigious examination from all over the world. Here are all the details that you might need in order to proceed with appearing in this prestigious examination.
- 1 Civil Services Exam Pattern 2018
- 2 Civil Services Eligibility Criteria
- 3 Civil Services Examination Age Limit
- 4 Civil Service Examination 2018 Admit Card
- 5 Civil Service Examination 2018 Cut-off
- 6 Civil Service Exam Results
Civil Services Exam Pattern 2018
For is the convenience of the UPSC examination, here are all the details about the UPSC syllabus that students might require. As mentioned earlier, the UPSC examination will be conducted in two phases that is the preliminary and the mains.
The preliminary examination will be an objective type examination where is the Mains examination will be conducted in two phases and that will include a written exam continued within interview process.
Preliminary Civil Services Examination Pattern
- The preliminary examination is supposed to consist of two important papers which will contain 200 marks for each paper.
- Both of these question papers will be of objective type and will hold multiple choice questions.
- The question papers will be made available to the students in both Hindi and English languages.
- Both the examinations will consist of 2 hours each and students are required to complete the examination in this time period only. For the blind candidates, there is a bonus of 20 minutes extra for each paper.
Mains Examination Process
The Mains examination will be divided into two sectors which are the written section and the interview process.
The Mains examination will consist of two papers that are paper A and paper B.
Paper A – candidates are required to choose one Indian language that is included in their syllabus as well as in the constitution and this paper will include a total of 200 marks.
Paper B – this will be an English paper of 200 marks.
Subject list for Mains Examination
The different subjects from whom the student can make their pick in the examination are as follows.
Agriculture, chemistry, botany, civil engineering, electrical engineering, geography, history, geology, commerce and accountancy, economics, animal husbandry and veterinary science, law, mechanical engineering, mathematics, management, philosophy, political Science and international relations, physics, medical science, sociology, public administration, zoology, statistics.
Civil Services Eligibility Criteria
- It is important for the candidates to be a citizen of India in order to be eligible for the UPSC examination for the year 2018.
- Candidates can also be a citizen of Nepal or Bhutan.
- Appearing candidates can also be a Tibetan refugee who has visited India before the given deadline that is 1st January 1962 and are currently permanently settled in India.
- It is important for the appearing candidates to be a person of Indian Origin or someone who has migrated from the following countries: Kenya, Ethiopia, Malawi, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, Vietnam, Zaire, Zambia, Pakistan, Tanzania, and Uganda.
UPSC Exam Educational Qualifications 2018
The candidates appearing for the UPSC examinations are required to fulfill the following criteria.
- The appearing candidates are required to hold a bachelor’s degree from a recognized college or university.
- The students who already have made an appearance for the examination and are waiting up for the results all those candidates who are yet to sit for an examination, are also completely eligible to look forward to the preliminary examination. All that is needed from the students are approve of their examination passing certificate along with the account that has been issued for the Mains examination.
- The students who have professional as well as technical knowledge or hold a qualification from any recognized University are also eligible to apply for the UPSC examinations.
- All those candidates who have successfully passed their final year of medical examination for MBBS can look forward to participating in the Mains examination. All that is needed from these candidates is a passing certificate prove that they have finished their medical examination in the final year.
Civil Services Examination Age Limit
In order to appear for the UPSC examination, the candidate must hold a minimum of 21 years of age and a maximum of 32 years as of August 1st, 2017.
The relaxation age for all the categories is mentioned below.
- The scheduled caste or scheduled tribe will ever relaxation age of 5 years.
- The other backward classes will have Age relaxation of 3 years.
- The defense p0065rsonnel services will have Age relaxation of 3 years.
- The disabled categories like blind, handicapped will have an age relaxation of 10 years.
Civil Service Examination 2018 Admit Card
The civil services examination 2018 will have their admit cards published on the official website just before the dates are announced for the actual examination.
Generally, it takes a week for it to be uploaded to the official website. The participating authorities of the civil services examination are strictly prohibited from supplying any admit cards and neither they have any sort of privilege to offer the admit cards to the students.
Civil Service Examination 2018 Cut-off
The cutoff for the preliminary examination will be declared just a week before the examinations are actually conducted. Candidates can take in accounts the cutoff marks of the respective subjects and they can prepare accordingly.
Further, for the Mains examination, candidates are required to look in the official website to find out about the respective cutoff marks for each subject corresponding to each paper. There will be a lot of papers in the Mains examination and every subject will have their own cut off marks. Students need to cross every cutoff in order to proceed further.
Civil Service Exam Results
Soon after the mains examination for civil services examination 2018 is done, there will be an interview process or a personality test for the candidates who qualified the Mains examination successfully. The candidates can look for their Mains examination results on the official website of civil services examination.
Then there will be the interview process which will also have the results of the final selected candidates. The selected candidates can also look for their name on the official website which will be made available explicitly for them. However, this interview results will be available in a completely different section. The candidates are required to gouge their eyes and the website properly.
That is all the related data for the Civil services examinations 2018. All the aspiring candidates are required to do is prepare really hard and buckle them self up and then keep an eye on the official website for having a regular update. All the best to the candidates out there.