The MOMA Scholarship 2017 is primarily a Merit Cum Means Scholarship which is provided by Ministry Of Minority Affairs also popularly known as MOMA.
The Merit Cum Means Scholarship was designed with the primary aim to lend a supporting hand to the meritorious students where the given condition is that they are very financially very poor and are the part of the community who are part of the minority and aim to have a growing future in their educational career as well as a remarkably higher and technical along with professional courses.
The last date of submission of MOMA Scholarship of 2017 was 30th August has now been extended to 30th September 2017.
- 1 What is MOMA Scholarship?
- 2 The Different types of Scholarships under MOMA Scholarship
- 3 Important Dates to Keep in Your Mind
- 4 The MOMA Scholarship Application Form and Process
- 5 Here is the List of Reward Coming with MOMA Scholarship
- 6 Course-related Fee
- 7 Glimpse at the Eligibility Criteria
What is MOMA Scholarship?
- These scholarships are given by the Ministry of Minority Affairs and are commonly known to all as MOMA Scholarship.
- The scholarship is only provided to those who wish to pursue their further studies.
- Generally, the allocation of the Scholarship to the students is done by the state/UT to the respective students.
Good news for all the girls as they have a reservation of 30% of every minority community in a state. If the reservation seat is left empty by any chance, then the scholarship will move forward to any other candidate who belongs to the same minor community.
The Different types of Scholarships under MOMA Scholarship
The scholarships are available for students from Class 1 to 12 and are divided into three categories.
|Pre Matric MOMA Scholarship||For Class 1-10|
|Post Matric MOMA Scholarship||11 to PhD|
|Merit cum Means Scholarship||After class 12, i.e., for professional and technical courses|
Important Dates to Keep in Your Mind
|Event Dates for application||Dates for Renewal|
|Online Application Submission||1st June 2017 to 30th September 2017 (expired)
1st June 2017 to 31st July 2017
|Application Scrutiny by Institute November 2017||November 2017|
|Application Scrutiny by State/UT November 2017||December 2017|
|The list of the students selected November 2017||December 2017|
The MOMA Scholarship Application Form and Process
The application form is available online for you to fill it and submit the same. As stated the opportunities as well as the time both have increased for the submission of the application. All you need to do is follow the steps:
- Start by visiting the official website of MOMA Scholarship and then create your student account in the portal. If you already have your account made, enter the registration number.
- Then you can receive your temporary ID.
- Choose the Scholarships from the available options.
- Now, register yourself on the website.
- Further, if you are finished filling up the application form, to submit the application form all you need to do is get a printout of the same.
List of all the other documents that are to be sent with the MOMA Application Form
- A signed copy of the application form of the scholarship.
- A self-attested photograph has student’s signature.
- For all the examinations you have passed so far, you are supposed to self-attest all of them and send back the same.
- It is essential to submit the information related to your guardian, i.e., whether they are underemployed or self-employed and send the income certificates of the same.
- The community you are a part of, send a self-attested self-declaration of the same.
- The receipt of the fees you have submitted.
- These documents are to be submitted to the respective state department of the state to which you belong.
- Your permanent ID will be generated once the government of your state verifies your documents and finds no flaws.
- Keep an eye on your email and SMS to receive the details about the status of the scholarship.
- The permanent ID will be required when you renew your MOMA Scholarship form.
The process of Scholarship Selection Process
The Merit cum Means Scholarship Ministry of Minority Affairs demands Merit. After the State-wise allocations are made, the students who are part of the reputed institution are given preference. The MOMA Scholarship Merit cum Means scholarship merit list will be available for you in November 2017.
Here is the List of Reward Coming with MOMA Scholarship
- The students appearing for the scholarship will be supported financially throughout.
- Full course fees to be paid to the students belonging to the minority group.
- The college that the student is bound to go to will not need his/her fees as the fees will be paid to the institution directly.
- Allowances along with maintenance will b paid directly to the candidates who are appearing for the scholarship.
Type of Reward
For the Hostlers
For the Day Scholars
Allowance and Maintenance for ten months
Rs. 10,000 every year
Rs. 5000 every year
Note: – It includes full course fees that will be compensated for the students enrolled in the particular institution.
Rs. 20,00 per annum
Rs. 20,00 per annum
Glimpse at the Eligibility Criteria
- Candidate must belong to the minority group.
- The candidate has to be a citizen.
- The student must be enrolled in some courses like technical or engineering courses.
- The income of the guardian should not be more than Rs. 2, 50,000.
- A minimum of 50% marks must be there in the 12th board examination.