Every year an ample number of candidates are trying for Maharashtra MPSC Recruitment 2018 government jobs. Also, with various vacancies being created each year along with the growing need of manpower to run the government efficiently, there is an increase in the possibility of getting selected for elite government jobs, which still are the preferred choices for most of the job seekers. One of such opportunity is that of a Stenographer post in the Maharashtra government commonly called MPSC Stenographer 2018.
Yes, like every year, this time too, the commission has come up with latest vacancies for the posts of MPSC Stenographer 2018, which is a golden opportunity for the job seekers in public domain. This is a direct recruitment through open market and through a competitive exam. A chance to get into the group ‘B’ and group ‘C’, typist of the Maharashtra Public Services.
You can avail the opportunity of MPSC Recruitment 2018 by going through the article to get complete details about the post of MPSC Stenographer and the other details that will help you get the maximum benefit out of this recruitment.
- 1 Important dates for MPSC Recruitment 2018-
- 1.1 Mode of application for the MPSC Steno Recruitment post-
- 1.2 MPSC Recruitment 2018 Apply Online-
- 1.3 Post applied for-
- 1.4 Detailed vacancies and number of posts of MPSC Stenographer 2018-
- 1.5 Pay Band Details of MPSC Stenographer Bharti-
- 1.6 Educational criteria and necessary skills required for MPSC Stenographer-
- 1.7 MPSC Stenographer 2018 Fees for applying online-
- 1.8 Exam Dates & Selection Criteria for MPSC Recruitment 2018-
- 1.9 Work profile of an MPSC stenographer-
- 1.10 Other necessary details for MPSC Recruitment 2018-
Recruiting body/Organization Name-
Maharashtra Public Service’s Commissions (MPSC)– The Maharashtra state government administration.
Important dates for MPSC Recruitment 2018-
|Recruiting Organization||Maharashtra Public Service’s Commissions (MPSC)|
|Number of Posts||98|
|Start to apply online||25th January 2018|
|End to apply online||14th February 2018 till 11.59 p.m|
|Last Date for payment of fees||15th Feb 2018|
Mode of application for the MPSC Steno Recruitment post-
Online (Offline mode or any other mode is not permitted)
MPSC Recruitment 2018 Apply Online-
Interested candidates need to apply via- www.mpsc.gov.in website.
Post applied for-
Lower grade stenographer, higher grade stenographer and steno typist post.
Detailed vacancies and number of posts of MPSC Stenographer 2018-
For unreserved category- Not less than18 years and not more than 38 years (as on 1st May 2018)
For reserved category (OBC/SC/ST)– Not less than18 years and not more than 43 years (as on 1st May 2018)
Pay Band Details of MPSC Stenographer Bharti-
For stenotypist in both English and Marathi language, the pay band is INR Rs. 9300-34800 along with a grade pay of Rs. 4400.
Also, apart from the basic salary, allowances will be paid like HRA, D.A, conveyance allowance etc.
Educational criteria and necessary skills required for MPSC Stenographer-
The candidates interested in applying must be-
For the post of steno typist –Marathi language post- The candidates must have completed the 10th std. and having a typing speed of 30 words per minute in Marathi language and a steno speed with 120 words per minute in the Marathi language.
For the post of steno typist –English language post-
The candidates must have completed the 10th std. and having a typing speed 40 words per minute in English and steno speed with 120 words per minute in English.
Here the candidates will have to take care of improving their writing and typing speed as well. This will increase their chances of getting selected.
MPSC Stenographer 2018 Fees for applying online-
For unreserved candidates, the fee to be paid is- Rs. 374.
For reserved candidates, the fees to be paid is – Rs. 274
Candidates must note that the fees can be submitted by online mode via net-banking or debit card or credit card etc. or by SBI bank challan by going to the nearest SBI bank office.
Exam Dates & Selection Criteria for MPSC Recruitment 2018-
The exam has certain stages and the candidate needs to get selected in all the 3 stages for final recommendation-
- Written test having certain sections like (100 marks)-
- General awareness and current affairs
- Written test in descriptive forms
- General English
- Computer proficiency test
- Skill test- Here the candidates typing speed shall be tested- 75 marks
- Interview or personality test- 25 marks
The date of the exams will be notified at a later stage. The candidates must keep visiting the official website.
Work profile of an MPSC stenographer-
The stenographers may act as a personal secretary or personal assistant and needs to take or note down the dictation as fast as possible. He then needs to translate it into coded form and then decode it in the needed language.
The basic need of a stenographer is a good typing speed and writing speed. They need a speed of 100 – 120 words per minute. The work assigned may also be of that of attending to various events of the officer concerned and any department also.
Other necessary details for MPSC Recruitment 2018-
- The candidate must be a citizen of India
- The candidate needs to be a domicile of Maharashtra state.
- Those candidates who are presently working at any post in the department can also apply with an age relaxation of 5 years.
- The candidate must have sufficient knowledge of handling computers and must have cleared the MS-CIT test conducted by the MH-DTE,
- The stage-1 of the exam is of qualifying nature and the marks of the same will not be considered for the final rank list.
- The candidates clearing the stage-1 will be called for the interview where they will have to take the skill test. Minimum 31 marks are to score out of 75 to be eligible for interview and final selection. Those scoring less than 31 will not be allowed to sit for interviews.
- For final recommendation, the candidate needs to score minimum 41 from the skill test of 75 marks and the interview of 25 marks. Those candidates who do not clear the cut-off marks at any stage are not eligible for final selection.
- If it’s found that, at any stage, the details of the candidates are incorrect; they will be debarred from attending all further exams of the organization.
So the interested and eligible candidates must apply on the official website and before the last date to avoid last minute rush.